Covid-19 Update 5 October 2021
Auckland Still at Level 3 BUT back to boating!
As of 11:59pm Tuesday 5th October New Zealand will remain at Level 3 down BUT using your boat is now allowed. Tamaki Marine Park will be open for business as usual to help customers launch their boats and enjoy some much needed time out on the water.
What does this mean for Tamaki Marine Park?
The following Protocols on use of the facilities will apply:
- Customers are allowed to go boating.
- You will now be able to go boating – including fishing from motorised boat or vessel, sailing, scuba diving and jet skiing.
- If a boat has an enclosed space, only one household or bubble can go boating.
- If a boat does not have an enclosed space, 2 households or a maximum of 10 people can participate.
- Dry Stack will be operating as normal.
- Boat yard and haulout operating as normal.
- Local marine businesses and contractors such as boat builder, mechanics, groomers, etc… are able to work on the boats onsite. Please coordinate contractor access with the marina office.
- All marine contractors and visitors that come to the site must scan the COVID QR sign and/or sign in to the Contact Tracing Register located at the main office building giving your name and names of all other people with you, contact information for each person and the date and time of your visit. As per the government’s requirements, we are keeping a register of all visitors to the facilities here at Tamaki Marine Park during Level 3 to assist with contact tracing if required. This will be implemented for as long as the government requests it.
- Use of the NZ Covid Tracer App is required. QR codes are available. Otherwise sign in to the Contact Tracing Register located at the main office building. Please give business name, contact details and boats being worked on.
- If you are sick or unwell OR if family/bubble member are sick, you must stay home.
- The office will remain restricted entry. They can be contacted either on the phone 09 534 8341 (Mon - Fri) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social distancing will still apply. People are required to maintain their minimum of 2m distancing with others. You are required to wear a face-covering / mask while around others, on the jetties and around the main building.
- It is suggested that people follow the latest Ministry of Health guidelines regarding the wearing of PPE. It is recommended that gloves be used when entering and exiting the marina
- Use of hand sanitiser and regular washing of hands is recommended and will be available on site.
- If you are concerned or worried about your vessel, please phone the office and you can ask one of the staff members to do a check. We are also maintaining high levels of security on site as usual.
(Link to Government advice:
All customers, guests and contractors are required to sign-in and sign-out in the Contact Tracing Register and scan the QR codes.
We look forward to seeing existing and new customers enjoying their boats back out on the water.
Tamaki Marine Park