Covid-19 Update September 2021
The Government’s has made a COVID announcement, Auckland will be entering Level 3 from 11.59pm Tuesday 21st August 2021. The alert level is likely to last 14 days.
Moving from Level 4 to Level 3
According to the Government’s guidelines, the emphasis will be on moving away from only essential services being permitted to operate, to allowing businesses to open under safe workplace practices. The focus will still be on maintaining the bubble and minimising contact with others.
The rules around level 3 state that people should continue to work from home if possible, people can expand their bubbles "a small amount" and only regional travel is permitted. And, the use of PPE and face masks are mandated.
Any business that does re-open must observe strict hygiene control such as regular disinfection of surfaces and making sure that the staff are able to practice adequate social distancing while at work and also implement a register for the purposes of contact tracing.
What does this mean for Tamaki Marine Park?
From midnight Tuesday 21st September, the following Protocol on use of the facilities will apply:
- Boats in the dry stack can be requested by usual text method to be brought down for servicing and maintenance purposes only.
- Local marine businesses and contractors such as boat builder, mechanics, groomers, etc… will be able to work on the boats onsite. Please coordinate contractor access with the marina office.
- The NO boating restriction remains the same, but access to your boat is permitted.
- All marine contractors and visitors that come to the site must scan the COVID QR sign and/or sign in to the Contact Tracing Register located at the main office building giving your name and names of all other people with you, contact information for each person and the date and time of your visit. As per the government’s requirements, we are keeping a register of all visitors to the facilities here at Tamaki Marine Park during Level 3 to assist with contact tracing if required. This will be implemented for as long as the government requests it.
- Use of the NZ Covid Tracer App is required. QR codes are available. Otherwise sign in to the Contact Tracing Register located at the main office building. Please give business name, contact details and boats being worked on.
- If you are sick or unwell OR if family/bubble member are sick, you must stay home.
- The office will remain closed. Administration staff are operating remotely. They can be contacted either on the phone 09 534 8341 (Mon - Fri) or by email at email@example.com
- Social distancing will still apply. People are required to maintain their minimum of 2m distancing with others. You are required to wear a face-covering / mask while around others, on the jetties and around the main building. If you come to the marina please do not linger.
- It is suggested that people follow the latest Ministry of Health guidelines regarding the wearing of PPE. It is recommended that gloves be used when entering and exiting the marina
- Use of hand sanitiser and regular washing of hands is recommended and will be available on site.
- If you are concerned or worried about your vessel, please phone the office and you can ask one of the staff members to do a check. We are also maintaining high levels of security on site as usual.
(Link to Government advice: https://covid19.govt.nz/activities/sports-and-recreation/#sports-and-recreation-at-alert-level-3).
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
Tamaki Marine Park